"Manhattan's only true hand tuning for high performance & race skis."
Manhattan Ski Tune Ups / Ski Waxing / Snowboard tune ups
Why use SPCARBON for your Ski tuning?
- You get a professional hand tune, not a high school student with a grinder on your beautiful skis
- We treat each pair like our own, and are current on techniques, all the way up to 2018 models of skis
- We go easy on the edges, removing the least amount of material possible
- We use tools from Austria & Switzerland. Our wax is Flurocarbon, expensive and you will feel the difference
- Drop off your skis at our lower Manhattan ski shop. Pick up 24h later. Pickup/Delivery service available for an extra fee
SPCARBON Ski Tuning Rates
Hand Tune: $60.00 Full hand tune, base prep, edges sharpened to factory setting and hot wax. Bases scraped and textured.
Hot Wax: $35.00 Base prep, hot wax with high quality Flurocarbon wax. Bases scraped and textured.
Race Ski Tuning Rates
Masters Race Prep: $125.00 Customized hand tune for advanced skiing/racing including:
- Excess side wall removal and smoothing (prevents skis hooking, tips crossing, promotes faster carving)
- Hand edging -1 to -3 side edge bevel, with ceramic disc polish edges
- Base bevel -0.5, -0.7, -1.0
- Ceramic deburring/light de-tuning of tips/tails
- Bases cleaned and wax removed
- Choice of racing waxes, bases structured, scrap/brush/polish or wax left on for race day scraping
We are not a full service shop, however limited binding and adjustment services are available. Email us with your request.
Ski mounting - drill and mount with D.I.N release test $100.00
Ski boot adjusted to bindings with D.I.N release test $40.00